One of the most amazing modern inventions is the JBL Bar 5.1. It’s as if a soundbar is somehow linked together with some of the best wireless speakers with a magic spell. An incredible device like this was not considered to be practical or achievable in the past few decades. Thankfully, modern technological advancement has made it possible.
The JBL Bar 5.1 will surely take you to greater heights with its high-quality surround sound. Whether you want to enjoy a movie, listen to your favorite tracks, or play a game, you will always get the best sound if you have this amazing sound machine by your side.
This is the post on JBL Bar 5.1 review. We will take you through all the incredible features, design, performance, and see if this device has any flaws.
Not satisfied after reading the JBL Bar 5.1 review?Make sure you check other trending soundbars here.
This sound bar from JBL has a stylish design. It is indeed very attractive in terms of looks. It has a drilled black body, metallic trims, and a bar which enhances its appearance even more.
The sub is pretty large and heavy, which means it is capable of producing deep and low bass. It has a matte black finish.
Basic controls such as volume, power, and source selection are placed ergonomically on the soundbar. Behind the body, there is a light-up display which does its job very well. Dim the light or brighten it according to your preference.
- 5.1 sound and JBL surround sound – The one thing about this device that deserves to be the headline is that the JBL Bar 5.1 is somewhat a hybrid between 5.1 and 2.1 surround sound system, and it works really well for both. You can even change from 5.1 sound to 2.1, which is an excellent feature.
If you’ve been using any JBL speakers, you already know what it means when you hear about the JBL surround sound. This device produces a true and refined JBL signature sound even more so than other regular JBL speakers.
- Battery powered detachable speakers – If you’re looking forward to doing some experiment with surround speakers, you’ve just found the perfect sound system. The end speakers are wireless, which means you can freely place them anywhere around the room to get the best sound. These speakers have a playtime of 10 hours. If you want to experience a true surround sound, simply remove the end speakers which are attached to the bar with a magnet, and place them elsewhere.
The end speakers can be charged automatically one you attach them to the soundbar.
- JBL sound shift – This amazing feature is one of the best. It lets you switch the sound source between the TV and your Smartphone or a tablet in an instant. For example, if you’re watching a movie from the TV, and you want to switch to your phone and play music, all you have to do is hit the play button on your phone (your phone has to be connected to the sound system). Doing this will override the system and halt the TV input; in an instant, the music will start.
- 10-inch wireless sub – Get the feel of true bass that’s deep and powerful enough to make your heart pound. The total power of the sound system is 510W, and the sub is 10 inch. You don’t have to take trouble with the messy wires which can be a huge inconvenience if tangled up.
- Remote control – Take control of the sound system from a distance with remote control. The Bar 5.1 is designed to be compatible with a most modern TV remote.
- Compatible with multiple devices – You won’t be using the sound system with just your phone or a television. This device will deliver the best sounds whether you choose to use your television, audio player, Smartphone, or a tablet.
- Bluetooth connectivity – With this feature, you can stream the music wirelessly via your phone or any device that has Bluetooth.
- Sound mode options – Finding the perfect sound has never been so easy. There are multiple options for you when it comes to sound mode. You can use this feature to change the sound set up according to what type of music you’re listening or what kind of movie or show you’re watching.
Some of the sound mode options include music, sports, movie and voice. In addition, you can do this conveniently and comfortably with a remote. You can also change the intensity of the bass remotely.
Another great sound mode that comes with the JBL Bar 5.1 is the night mode. When this mode is activated, the sound system controls the volume and prevents the speakers from producing a loud sound when there is a sudden change. And the best part is that the listener will hear the sound normally as if there is no change. This means you can watch a horror movie without disturbing the others living next door.
This JBL Bar 5.1 review would not be complete without covering its stellar performance. If you want to experience a theatre-like feel at home, all you need is a big screen and JBL Bar 5.1. Amid the sound effects from the movies, the sound system has incredibly punchy mids which does an excellent job of producing clear voices.
What makes the JBL Bar 5.1 an ideal sound system for movies and music is that you can even control the volume of the rear speakers with remote control.
- Powerful Bass
- Battery powered detachable wireless speakers
- 5.1 surround sound and JBL surround sound
- Dolby Audio
- Wireless streaming with SoundShift
- Finding the perfect voice levels can be pretty hard
- Pretty expensive
JBL Bar 5.1 is a bad boy. It can produce a big heavy bass sound without causing much stress on the speakers or the amplifier. If you enjoy movies and listen to a lot of music, this is a great choice. This sound bar has a high price tag, but if we consider its cool features, and its capabilities, there is no doubt; it’s definitely worth every single dollar.
We hope this JBL Bar 5.1 review was a worthy read as we had a lot of fun reviewing it.